800km east of New Zealand awaits the holiday experience of a lifetime.
The Chatham Islands: Rekohu / Wharekauri
Experience stunning scenery, cultural treasures, intriguing history, relaxed lifestyles, seafood bounties, a wide range of outdoors activities and of course, that well-known warm and friendly welcome that the locals extend to our visitors. These magical islands sit astride the legendary Roaring Forties and are surrounded by the pristine and unspoiled waters of the Southern Pacific Ocean. The natural beauty and the unique and spiritual energy of these islands are the perfect setting for a holiday full of laughter, adventure, discovery and relaxation.
You’ll find everything you need to plan your next trip to the Chathams right here, from accommodation options to the endless array of activities and attractions on offer. We know that your Chatham Islands holiday will be a journey of discovery. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at what you learn, see and discover as these mysterious islands open up their secrets to you.
Nothing beats a Chatham Islands holiday and it’s so close to home!
- We are your domestic New Zealand island-holiday destination.
- No passports or money exchange required
- Only around 2 hours to get here
- Long white sandy beaches – and no crowds
- Dine on sustainably-harvested, premium, fresh seafood every day if you wish
- Experience for yourself the astounding range of rare and endemic plants and birds
- Capture the perfect picture in this photographer’s paradise
- Fish in the middle of one of the richest fishing grounds in the world.
- Hunt, Chatham Island style.
- A Geologist’s paradise. From volcanic cones and basalt outcrops to Chatham schist and 90 million year old fossils.
- Rich and colourful history
- Unique and resilient cultural heritage
Spectacular scenery, from rolling pastures, to towering cliffs and rugged coastlines, we’ve got it all. The first inhabited place in the world to welcome each new day.
Sign up for our newsletter here